Monday, August 19, 2013

1st day of school tradition: DIY Chalkboard


 
Last year was the big year. My little girl started Kindergarten. So this is our yearly tradition for the first day of school. Everyone always talks about how its such an emotional day for the mom when their children start kindergarten. Emotional- yes, crying emotions not so much for me. Don't get me wrong it is sad that she's not a baby or toddler anymore. But it's so exciting that she is growing and learning. My son on the other hand was teary eyed and cried that he was going to miss her, as if we were leaving her at the school forever.
 
 
 
 
 
So here we are a year later. With some changes on the chalkboard and a lot of changes in the little girl. Look at how much taller she is now!
 
 
 

 
 
 
So here's the scoop on the board. I just bought a piece of plywood from Lowes (pick any size, I chose the taller one so that I could write more things on it).  You can purchase a can of chalkboard paint at Lowes for 9.98 and it really does go a long way. I have used this one small can on many projects and still have some left.
 
 
 
 
 
For all the other days of the year that I am not using this chalkboard as a prop for pictures, my kids enjoy drawing pictures on it.
 
So make a chalkboard, keep track of your kids favorite things, and make some memorable photos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment